This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Outlook 2010 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Adding a new account:
- Select the ‘File’ menu.
- Select Info.
- Click the “Add Account” button/Account Settings.
- Choose to “Manually configure server settings” .
- Click Next.
- Choose “Internet E-Mail” .
- Click Next.
- Please enter your name, as you want it to appear on your outbound E-mail messages.
- Please type your E-mail address.
- Enter your E-mail address for the User Name.
- Enter your E-mail password.
- Please enter your mail server. This can be found in the E-mail Accounts section of the cPanel under Configure Mail Client.
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your incoming mail server.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox.
- Make sure that it is using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 995 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 110.
- If you are using POP3, you may choose when messages are removed from the server.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 993 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 465 for your port. Otherwise change the port to 26.
- Click the OK button.